Accredited in Public Relations (APR), PRINZ member
Nicola joins HMC with several years' communications experience working within large, complex organisations. She worked at the University of Waikato for more than five years as a Communications Adviser, and later as Strategic Communications Manager, and more recently was a Communications Advisor at Waikato Regional Council.
Nicola has a Bachelor of Arts with Honours from the University of Waikato, majoring in English and Media Studies. Her strengths lie in strategic communications planning and crafting compelling content and stories.
In her spare time, Nicola enjoys travelling, reading, and baking. She lives in Hamilton East with her partner Shane and cat Phoebe. Her achievements include finishing Moby Dick and successfully growing a lettuce plant last summer.
Nicola's Key Strengths:
- Creative, compelling content creation and story telling
- Social media
- Media relations
- Communications strategy
- Campaign and events strategy and execution
- Sector experience in education, local government, dairy and science
Three things you didn't know about Nicola:
- She dropped a half-eaten sandwich on Leonardo da Vinci's presumed grave in Amboise, France
- She's broken all of the fingers on her left hand
- Her hair colour is natural