Accredited in Public Relations (APR), PRINZ Fellow, PRINZ committee member
Peta Goldsworthy joined the team in October 2016 as Senior Strategic Advisor.
Peta has a strong background in strategic communications with particular focus on internal and external communications strategies, media, positioning and reputation management.
Prior to joining HMC Communications, she held a series of communications leadership roles at the University of Waikato, most recently as Associate Director Strategic Communications and was part of the University's Senior Leadership Team. She also has many years of media experience, including community newspaper editor roles, News Editor at the Waikato Times, and copy editor at Dow Jones Newswires in London.
Growing up on a dry-stock farm, Peta is a product of the Waikato region, with her early years spent on a farm and at country schools. After stints living overseas and in various cities in New Zealand, Peta and her husband have been based in Hamilton for the past 12 years.
Peta is known for her love of shoes and is never found far away from a pot of tea.
Peta's Key Strengths:
- Crisis communications
- Reputation management
- Developing communications strategies for major external or internal projects
- Media relations
- Events strategy and execution
Three things you didn’t know about Peta:
- She was on the very first New Zealand TV series of Changing Rooms
- She has sat three feet away from mountain gorillas in Uganda
- She has a great shoe collection but really aspires to own a Birkin bag